The Archipelago:The Isles of Scilly, off Cornwall
"Islands have always held a particular fascination for me – the world as a microcosm with all that adaption, independence and interdependence in isolation”
For this new series of paintings Jackson has revisited the Isles of Scilly off the coast of his West Cornish home.
“When I step out of my studio door or look out of the kitchen window Scilly is sitting there on the skyline 28 miles out to sea, beckoning, reminding me of their presence and inviting me back.”
For the last 25 years Jackson has been visiting and staying on the Isles of Scilly making an on going series of works
The Archipelago: The Isles of Scilly, off Cornwall runs 5th April - 5th May 2014 at Campden Gallery, Chipping Campden.
Click here to view a digital version of the show catalogue.
- Scilly Heat. 2010. oil on canvas 91.5 x 91.5cm.
- Wild carrot, rock samphire, sea pink, St Agnes. August 2013. acrylic on board 20 x 17cm.
- A huge flock of shags fly past. St Martins. May 2012. mixed media on paper 57x61cm.
- Eating a pasty in paradise, in the bracken on Scilly, 2007. etching and drypoint, plate size 20 x 25cm. Edition of 30.
- Caroline on Scilly. Porth Askin, St Agnes. August 2013. mixed media on paper 57x62cm.
- Blackbird song and a luminous low tide. Old Quay, St Martins. May 2012. mixed media on paper 57x 60cm.
- The sun breaks through the fog. May 2012. acrylic on board 20 x 20cm.
- Scilly hogweed one evening. St Martins. May 2011. mixed media on paper 50 x 50cm.
The Archipelago: The Isles of Scilly, off Cornwall runs 5th April - 5th May 2014 at Campden Gallery, High Street, Chipping Campden, GL65 6AG.